Updated: Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 10:59 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 7:13 AM EDT
(FOX Providence) - We're cooking Spicy Sicilian Rubbed Grilled Block Island Swordfish with Pancetta Spiced Broccoli Rabe and Mediterranean Olive Relish
8oz Center-cut Swordfish Steak
2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbs. Chef Signature Spicy Sicilian Spice Rub
1 bunch Broccoli Rabe
1 clove of Garlic, sliced thin
4 oz Pancetta
Mediterranean Olive Relish
15 Kalamata Olives, pitted
15 Green Sicilian Olives, pitted
1 whole Roasted Red Pepper
1 tsp. Capers, drained
10 Hot Cherry Pepper Rings
4 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 oz. Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Salt and Black Pepper
10 Basil leaves
1. For the relish, put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until chunky and rustic. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
2. Preheat the grill or grill pan over high heat.
3. Drizzle swordfish with half the olive oil and sprinkle liberally with the Chef's Signature Spicy Sicilian Spice Rub.
4.Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
5. For the broccoli rabe, bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil.
6. Trim rabe and submerge in boiling water, cook until bright green, 2-3 minutes.
7. In a medium saute pan add the other half of the olive oil and cook pancetta over low heat until lean and crispy.
8. Add sliced garlic, the blanched rabe and a pinch of salt and pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
9. Plate swordfish atop rabe and garnish with olive salsa.